When you have naturally long, curly hair, you know that your hair is unique. Your mane coils, twists, turns and bends. It is beautiful and radiant. … But it needs more hydration and it’s prone to more breakage when compared to straight hair. While unpredictable can be fun when it comes to your summer getaway, it’s less fun when you’re getting ready for work. The good news is we’re the curl experts here at Deseo Salon & BlowDry. We’ll take your long locks from drab to fab with these seven styling and maintenance products for long, curly hair. They’ll keep your hair full, bouncy and hydrated!
Clean the Day Away
When it comes to caring for your locks, you want to start off right with a moisturizing shampoo. Curly hair is often drier and needs more moisture than its straight counterpart.
1. Oribe Shampoo for Moisture and Control: This shampoo in the glorious jade bottle has been formulated with your coils in mind. It tames your locks, leaving them sleek and under control while adding intense moisture. It skips the sulfates and adds amber and sunflower extracts, which protect against dryness and damage.
2. Kérastase Bain Fluidealiste Shampoo: If your hair feels unruly while shampooing, this smoothing shampoo will give you back the control without the sulfates. It provides your hair with a gentle cleanse, will fight against tangles and will tame the frizz.
Detangler Is Your Best-Kept Secret
When maintained and styled, your curls are gorgeous and make you feel like you. But fighting against delicate tangles can be especially frustrating (and damaging!) while combing through long hair. Tame those tangles without the frustration by using a detangler.
3. Kevin Murphy UN.TANGLED: This product will do the hard work for you! Say goodbye to fighting through tangles with this detangler and leave-in conditioner. Not only will you say goodbye to tangles, you’ll also be strengthening your hair with a unique blend of Australian fruit extracts and heat protection.
Moisturizer Is Your Friend
Now it’s time for the hydration powerhouse: your conditioner. With fine hair, you’re going to want to look for products that give you more body. With thick hair, you’ll want to control frizz and keep your gorgeous locks manageable.
4. Kérastase Fondant Fluidealiste Conditioner: If your curly hair is thick and prone to frizz, then take back the control. This conditioner will restore flexibility while also protecting against humidity. Lipid agents keep the frizz away while softening agents will make your tresses touchably soft.
5. Oribe Intense Conditioner: This conditioner is especially rich and hydrating, which is just perfect for your curls. It combines flower and plant extracts that will silken and detangle no matter how thick your hair is and while managing the frizz.
6. Kevin Murphy Motion Lotion. This conditioner will bring life back into your curls with a lightweight, absorbent formula. This product is ideal for long hair and will define your curls and boost your hair’s natural shine. If your hair is fine, then this will give it a natural bounce and radiance.
Style to Make Your Curls Look Their Best
When you have long, curly hair, it can be hard to keep the curls under control. Use a nourishing, styling product that will keep your hair hydrated while keeping your coils defined.
7. Oribe Styling Butter Curl Enhancing Crème: With shea butter and avocado oil, this styling cream melts into your hair and keeps your curls looking bouncy and soft. It provides medium hold without the silicones leaving your hair moisturized, keeping the elasticity and protecting from breakage. With a natural finish, your curls will be looking glamorous.
When it comes to long, curly hair, locking in the moisture, frizz control and protection against breakage is key! Book an appointment today with Deseo Salon & BlowDry and you’ll experience curl expertise at its finest. Located in Denver, our industry professional stylists and impeccable service set us apart from the rest.
Is long, curly hair not your hair? Find the right guide for your hair’s length and texture: