If you’re like most women, having a bad hair day can affect your mood and lower your confidence. But, with the help of hair extensions, every day can be a good hair day! If you wish your hair was longer and fuller, consider hair extensions by Deseo Salon & BlowDry. We offer high-quality keratin bonded hair extensions for a look and feel that is truly natural.
Curious about this popular process? Read on to learn everything you need to know about keratin bonded hair extensions!
What Are Keratin Bonded Hair Extensions?
If you’ve never heard of keratin bonded extensions, let us give you the rundown. Simply put, these extensions consist of tiny strands of virgin (unprocessed) human hair. Unlike hair extensions that are sewn or taped to the hair, these extensions contain a keratin bond.
When the keratin protein is heated it melts so that the extensions are affixed to your own hair. These extensions resemble tiny wisps of your own hair and are strategically positioned in rows. Thus, they blend right into your hair and no one can tell they’re there! This applies even when wearing a ponytail.
Advantages of Keratin Bonded Hair Extensions
Keratin bonded hair extensions offer a long list of benefits.
- They add length and volume to your hair
- Fully customizable to match or improve your natural hair color
- Long-lasting and durable
- Keratin bonded hair extensions last for as long as six months with proper care
- The placement of the bonds allows your hair to move naturally
- They offer more natural looking hair than taped-in or sew-in hair applications
- Experiment with color without permanent dye, bleach, or harsh chemicals
- Fewer maintenance appointments than with other types of hair extensions
- Curl, dye, straighten, and style your extensions just as you would with your real hair
It’s important that you give your new keratin bonded extensions the proper care so that they can last as long as possible. Here are a few tips to keep you looking your best for months on end.
- Wait two days to wash your hair from the time of application
- Wash your hair every two days to prevent water damage
- Don’t use oil-based products on your extensions
- Avoid over-styling
- Brush your hair with a brush that’s designed to prevent damaging the bond
- Use a gentle shampoo and remember that cool water helps minimize tangling
- Light conditioners may be used, but don’t apply directly to the bond
Considerations and Warnings
- Keratin bonded hair extensions are best suited to thick, coarse hair
- When sleeping, braid your hair or put it up in a ponytail to prevent knots
- Don’t swim with your extensions as this can damage the root
- After washing your hair, dry it as soon as possible to prevent damage to the glue
- Use low to moderate heat when styling your hair
You don’t have to wait for months or even years for your short, thin hair to grow longer and thicker when you use keratin bonded hair extensions. In fact, you don’t have to go through harsh chemical processes if you’re looking to change your color or add some pizazz! Keratin bonded hair extensions are the perfect way to boost your hair’s appearance with a simple trip to the salon.
Questions? Visit our luxurious salon in Denver, Colorado. At Deseo Salon & BlowDry, we offer keratin bonded hair extensions, along with luxury hair products, and an array of high-quality services. Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about how we can help you perfect your hair!