Baby, it’s cold outside, and that means that indoors, it’s warm and dry. Unfortunately, as cozy as that feels compared with the weather beyond your door, these drastic temperature changes are wreaking havoc on your hair. Winter hair syndrome leaves your hair dry, frizzy and fly-away. It’s hard to love your hair when winter has made it so lackluster, but there’s plenty you can do to combat the dry air and bring your hair back to life. Below, check out our three favorite products to fight winter-weary hair!
Oribe has a whole line of products geared toward restoring what your hair needs most right now: moisture! Try their Cleansing Creme for Moisture & Control, Intense Conditioner for Moisture & Control, or their award-winning Curl Gloss Hydration & Hold. Additionally, if your scalp is as dry as your hair, check out Oribe’s Serene Scalp Collection. With high-quality products like these, hair care has never been easier.
Kerastase has been around for decades, and with good reason. The company was the first to design products for hair beautification and still creates some of the most innovative formulas on the market. If anyone can help you nourish and hydrate your hair, it’s the experts at Kerastase. One of our absolute favorite products is Kerastase’s Detoxifying Micro-Scrub. This pre-shampoo scalp treatment soothes the scalp and primes your hair to work in harmony with your conditioner. Experience incredibly soft and smooth hair with ease!
Kevin Murphy products are so nourishing, they’ve earned the nickname, “skin care for the hair.”
Control your dry, static-filled frizz with “Smooth.Again” anti-frizz lotion. This product is great for fighting common problems associated with dry, heated spaces like your home and office. The line also features shampoos and conditioning treatments that are filled with super-moisturizing goodies like mango butter and murumuru butter. These excellent moisturizers smell great, smooth your winter-weary hair cuticles, and soften your locks.
Other Tips to Fight Winter-Weary Hair
Although great products are a huge help when fighting dry winter hair, there are lots of small changes you can make to your hair care routine. Try the following tips to help your hair and skin retain that much-needed moisture.
- Wash and rinse your hair with lukewarm water instead of hot.
- Consider installing a whole-house humidifier or strategically placing portable humidifiers in your most lived-in spaces.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Invest in a shower cap and give your scalp’s natural oils a chance to enrich your hair. Between washes, consider trying a dry shampoo like Oribe’s “Gold Lust.”
- Cut back on heated styling. Instead of using your curling iron, flat iron or blow dryer every time you wash your hair, weave in a loose braid and let it air dry instead.
- Visit your salon for a scalp treatment. Scalp treatments and scalp massage are a great way to distribute your natural oils throughout your hair.
- Cover your head when you go outside.
- Invest in high-quality combs and brushes. Cheap grooming tools can break hair that’s already fragile, and damage your dry, irritated scalp.
- Eat foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids. You’ll find these healthy fats in avocados, nuts, and fish, all of which can hydrate your scalp and protect it from the harsh cold of winter.
- Consider a deep conditioning treatment like Olaplex. Olaplex works on a molecular level to restore hair’s health and vibrancy!
Finally, visit your salon! Our incredible staff of stylists at Deseo Salon & BlowDry are trained to provide the care your hair needs and leave you feeling and looking your best. Let us pamper you with the best cuts, color, and specialized treatments in Denver!